Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Holidays !

Hmm…it’s been a few days now since holidays just started & another semester is gone..no doubt, life in uni is quite hectic, thus I realize it’s easy for time to fly past quickly..as such, I think I’m practically trying to adjust into a less stress mode currently..somewhat takes a bit of time, maybe coz I’m thinking of doing many things at once, but life’s worth slowing down the pace a lil’ for now..& I can only afford to do so at this moment..

Well, what am I to do in these long ‘summer’ holidays?

How about leaving back to Hometown? Or just staying around?

Anyhow, 1st & foremost, for those who don’t know me as well..

*the question here is: where exactly is my hometown?

Answer:

I come from a small, peaceful town known as ‘land below the wind’ somewhere across the South China sea (don’t know how many miles) from KL, is part of Malaysia, viewing from the map, this place located on this planet called Earth resembles a shape similar to a dog-head..where there is prominent landmark in southeast asia/famous tourist spot: highest mountain on the island of Borneo (which I have not successfully climbed up to the top as yet but still wish someday I’ll conquer its peak to look at the magnificent view..& say “this is awesome!” [quote: Moore, 2008])..a getaway which the Mat Salleh would like to visit for vacation becoz of its amazing wonders of nature to just escape and take a break from the buzz of hustle bustle back in their glorious cities..

A silhouette of the mountain's peak

Foggy mist at the view from summit above the clouds

The big picture of this mountain from the front

Now, provided with all those clues, can u guess already? Well, I hope if you’re a Malaysian, you should know it by now, if not, you can also find easily from the map of Malaysia..unless you really still don’t know & lazy to find out, then come & ask me anyway..

I’m not really going back home yet as usual, well, just not as early as from starting of holidays. Some may wonder why I prefer to stay rather than go back to my own home sweet home when I have the chance..

For a few reasons that are as listed below..

~ air tickets have to be booked very early & sometimes it needs careful planning to go back at the ryte time or to get tickets at a reasonable price

~ the trip from where I am now to airport is quite far (about 1 hour journey)..& the cost for taking cab or expense for petrol even by private transport will be high

~ simply lazy to pack my stuff, if I forget something, then I’ll have to live without it for the time being in hometown

~ fed up with checking-in, waiting & waiting at the airport, and there’s most likely nothing better to do in the plane (another 2 ½ hours of flight just to reach the destination)

~ my siblings are in kl as well, & probably I just want some freedom from home & parents (shh) having living with them for the past 19 years or so..haha

~ if I’m in my hometown, there’s nothing much exciting or interesting to do, when I’m back, I’d really laze around a lot then..a month’s holiday back home is enough for boredom to strive in, especially when internet connection is slower..unless, I really find ‘something’ meaningful to keep myself occupied for a while..

Anyway, of course if you ask me.. yea, I do miss my house, TV (a favourite), warm showers, HOME-COOKED FOOD, much deserved relaxation & rest back at home..except for house chores though..being away from home means a lot of things gotta be dealt with alone, settle things by myself and handling stuff on your own..but at home, especially if all the family members are gathered together, at least it will give a sense of security & feel more comfortable as well..

Ok now, what’s the plan of how to spend my holidays?

Let’s see, what I can do..

Sleep as much as I want (finally)

Eat & rest

Catch up watching drama which I have not had time to watch previously while bz with studies

Msn, games, movies, music, surf internet, etc,..whatever

several games offered in facebook are quite interesting..why not try challenging your friends to win your high scores? here goes..

this is my pet...

pet society (sign up for this application in facebook if u haven’t, really..when you’ve nothing better to do, it’s fun to play or you can just be satisfied enough when you compete & beat your friend’s high scores)

geo challenge (**good way of learning more about location of various places, recognize maps, learning how to identify flags of different countries..if you’re like me, not interested in the way of studying geography during secondary sch & end up doing badly in the exams)

bowling buddies...the virtual version of course..can try to win as many trophies available then..


how about some word challenge..this could help to expand your vocabulary...


think you have big brain capacity? check this out & challenge your IQ in this mini game..

done with games..what's more?

1 day trip to genting (in fact, even in less than 12 hours from now)

Stay about a week in Singapore for CHC (City Harvest Church) organized Asia Conference

Job hunting for work of about 2 months back in Sunway Pyramid (it’s not like my dad owns d bank or print money notes, thus, it’s a great way to earn extra allowance & gain some experience as well, of course an alternative to killing time faster instead of studying)

STUDYING (should I start now? 3 months away from the next sem..well, on 2nd thought..just joking, stop kidding me)

Tidy up the place

Wander around anywhere aimlessly

Day-dreaming

So far, this is a review of outline for what I can do in the holidays..if everything goes well with plan..shall just stick to ‘go-with-the-flow’ kinda mood..after all, its holidays…

Happy Holidays, Monash mates!! ^^

*p/s: I am hungry now..gets off to search for food..haha.. =S

2 comments:

σ §úzZzù§ σ said...

ho, think i played the Big Brain game before. it has four sections, right? scored pretty really kinda low for all the sections, got laughed at, felt stupid

>___<"

happy hols! i'll see ya in about.. 10 hours time ;)

karen said...

yea...it's only fun when u break a high score & "feel" your brain gets bigger & hence smarter..but it exhaust all d brain energy after several attempt of playing..

i agree...i do feel stupid at times..there's just that limit to brain capacity..