Friday, November 28, 2008

6. post-birthday post

*warning: long entry ahead..sorry peeps..read only if u have time, interested, or bored, having nothing better to do..

Yeap..I know it’s later than what can be expected..coz had no ample time before this..haven’t even really enjoyed my holidays yet..rested a few days after final exam was over on the 7th..up to genting on 13th..came back down..settled for a while & now just got back from S’pore trip (18th-23rd)..but of course better late than never ryte..

Well yea..I’m here to deliver a thank you note for all d birthday wishes I get..

To my monash mates, thanx for helping me celebrate up on the highlands..for the gifts & the treat to the meal we had + the ‘limited edition’ chocolate & hazelnut muffin from starbucks (?) ..even though candles were replaced with 2 long black straws & I need to pretend that there were flames on the ‘candles’..funny that i actually realize but yet not aware of it..haha..is this what u call as surprise? And with the present stuffed in my bag when I excused myself for a while..I felt something different..but the same idea was used once before, hence I know it while being curious what was inside..

Hmm..I’m turning ** years old this year.. (yes, I noe I finally hit the big 20-mark in my life)..reflecting back, I’ve actually spend most (in fact the whole of my life so far) in my peaceful home..up until the point where I get across the coast to study in monash of sunway campus..There I began my adventure in this challenging university life

at this point in time, without oso forgetting the friends and all those people whom I’ve known previously somewhere else..people walk past in various seasons of life for different reasons & it’s there where i’ve met new friends who came & walk past in my life for this season....

However, without u guys, life would surely have been different & what I’ve thought of is that if I had entered into uni 1 sem earlier or enrolled 1 semester later, then the circle of friends I meet would have been another batch of friends as well..

I could not imagine how far I could get without all of u friends when I came here with a foreign feeling & I don’t regret having met with u guys..it’s really a pleasure to have u guys step in & leave footprints, crossing path in my life..

I’m very grateful & thankful for all that I have & how He has placed me here of all locations..truly I appreciate everything we’ve been through..i treasure our friendship & cherish the precious moments we shared together..the time we spent means a lot to me..so, deep down from my heart, I sincerely say thanx to all of you..arigatou gozaimashita, minna-san..

Thinking of it, all those crazy times,

“nonsence” conversations while on msn chats

the worries & anxiety (mostly come from the kid)..& the serious period (exams)

the chill-outs, rest & relax hours, chit-chatting in cafeteria times

hanging out in d freezing library, napping (listening to lectures) in auditorium or lecture halls

the fellowship we had when dining for food in various eat-out places

the fun we enjoyed in outdoor trips & visits to our 3rd home (Sunway Pyramid shopping mall) [1st home – own house, 2nd home – uni]

all of these make up the memories we could reminisce next time even after we graduate, look back & say, “wow, we actually did all of those stuff together?!”..it’s 1 & ½ years gone, meaning half of our course has passed, but looking on the bright side of things..we still have another half of the course left..it’s not gonna get any easier but we’re all in it to go through everything together..cheering each other on along the way..

Thanks all for the wishes..above all, this is dedicated to my monash uni mates who were by my side throughout the few semesters so far..so, here goes (in no particular order) :

Lorence aka “old-man or the grandfather”: thank you for being a great listener when I talk out my troubles to u & for driving around to various places we visited..

Suzzane aka “sour plump witch”: For constantly keeping your blog alive & had us on the back of ur mind while u blog something related to our daily happenings in uni & making all those trips we had such unforgettable times

Mandy aka “the kid”: for being so psyched up all the time (thus, making us feel the ups & downs, just like a roller coaster in life)..enough getting us both excited & nervous..haha..jk…well, for driving us around as usual (& freaking us out with ur ‘flying car’ driving skills)..contributing memory capturing opportunity by lending us ur camera to snap pictures & photographs..

Pei en aka “werewolf”: for being cool, neutral & supportive all the time & updating us with information important for us to know..

Tze sheng aka “super-maid”: for being so original as the ‘maid’, for your useful suggestions for keeping us rational when we were lost in our thoughts (that happens almost every day)..even though u oso may get blur sometimes..haha..jk

Ket aka “panda”: for always being sporting & care to lend a helping hand & willing to teach when we don’t understand something or need assistance guide us through in our studies..for being gentleman enough to carry our stuff for us girls when we need a pet ..no.. someone (a guy to help us do so)

Wai Yen (“poker-player”) : for your endless pokes or random jokes..& also for your fight-backs (verbally) which makes me just wanna give up at the end of the day before I get ‘kik sei’ by u..nah, anyway, seriously thanx for being sensitive & for your concern especially when I feel down at times..

This is possibly my way of expressing gratitude & u know I don’t know what’s ever gonna happen tomorrow & just in case I’m not here anymore, probably I’ll be sorry if I didn’t let this out & state what I feel..i wanna start living life like there’s no tomorrow..

look forward to even more exciting times with u guys around..after all, we only have 1 life , in my point of view..it’s all about Living It Fullest Ever, so why not, study smart, work hard, & play all you can..

*p/s: noticed something rather sweet & thoughtful in a fancy t-shirt shop in S’pore the other day:

“friends are like stars, u don’t alwez c them but u know that they’re always there..”

ok..hey yo…that’s all for now, folks..!! ~ lol.. cheers .. xoxo.. have a nice day!! =P



2 comments:

σ §úzZzù§ σ said...

awww this is such a sweet post!! *dabs imaginary tears* it really is, because it's so sincere and so honest and i'm feeling breathless coz once again you didn't use any proper full-stops *dabs more tears*

thank YOU for being such a sporting person, for contributing funny ideas to our plans, for making us laugh with your jokes and tricks, for all the help in everything, for all the comments in suzznj.blogspot.com, for being surprisingly mature in some matters and yet retaining that childish innocence when you're around your fellow pranksters (like ah ket and waiyen), and most of all, for being yourself :)

we're really halfway through our course huh, and time flies so so fast! before we know it, it'll be our graduation and we'll be singing Vitamin C's famous graduation song and receiving our scrolls while dressed in lawyerish robes.. bUt as fast as that may seem to come, we still have one and a half more years to go, and let's have some real fun yeah! make the full use out of this, create fond memories of university life that we'll never forget :)

really hope to see you soon.. maybe one of these days i'll go down to sunway after work, and then we can have our lil steamboat with panda ;)

PHEW typing and reading through this is making me breathless again. must use proper punctuation ya ^___^

take care!!

p.s. ey. i am not the sour plump witch.
-______-

karen said...

suzz,

thanks for your comment as well..
guess my blog can't contain everything that u all did which made our uni life such memorable & fun..

but again, thanks for always being helpful & supportive, your efforts in being active for planning things out, keeping me amazed with ur intelligence, creativity, talent in music, randomness & spontaneity, driving us around in your 'baby', make up our day with ur smart jokes..& most of all, a great fren to be with.. ^^

really wish that thru the next half of the course, we can continue to hang out together & enjoy some exciting times & moments.

hope u're doing well in ur industrial attachment & remember to take a break & enjoy the remaining free time in holidays yea..

lol..c ya then =)