Monday, November 15, 2010

Of gratitude & thankfulness

These few days have been very special to me
I've learnt to count my blessings despite the hardship i faced throughout the 2/3 months
It's exhausting to deal with mixed emotions over ups & downs
yet this is the essence of a human being, filled with different feelings that define the spice of life
maybe this is exactly what we are made for
only when one has been thru the roller coaster of emotions that one is said to have experienced life for real

The once-in-a-lifetime experience of becoming a graduate & attending convocation
The pleasant surprises, not once, but twice that my family gave me
At the times when i least expected it
All these held significant meaning for me personally
At my downtime, they really uplifted my spirits
These moments i felt touched & loved when i felt most lonely

My heart just melted at some point yet i couldnt even express my gratitude properly
Time flies past fast & i didnt even get to spend enough time with them
Yet they tolerated & waited with patience tho i wasnt thr on time but they were still there for me
For the care & sacrifices as well
I definitely couldnt thank them for more

To the friends with whom i started the journey 3 years back
i believe without your presence i wldn't be able to survive and plough through this uni life
I know i couldn't make it if it weren't for you guys
and you know who you are
yes, i do mean 'you' and u are certainly 'u'nique in every way
by the continual support, encouragement & help
i have done it & most importantly WE have made it thru successfully together

Family & friends
of all unique personalities
you are irreplaceable
and i truly appreciate your presence in my life
with that, i could only say "THANK YOU"
right from my heart & soul

2 comments:

Ru said...

karen, i luv you~~!!
Jia you~!

karen said...

wow, i didnt expect anybody to come visit this page anymore since i abandoned it long ago.. touched to see you commenting here.. thanks for your support.. i love you too :)